When creating a company web page, many of us expect to instantly receive a flood of traffic and impact the world with our work. This is absolutely possible, but the reality for most companies is that they will need to put a lot of effort into earning that traffic.
If you're one of those people asking yourself "how can I increase web visitors?", then we want to reassure you that there are numerous Marketing strategies to help you achieve better positioning and thus more visits to your website. Below, we detail 5 simple ways to generate traffic.
1. Organic Traffic
Organic traffic is essential for a website, and all of its supporting activities, to be successful. To improve the organic traffic of your website, you must take into account the following guidelines:
- Be clear about your goals and your Buyer Personas: This will help you to stay on point with your messaging and targeting, and inform the content you generate.
- Create responsive content: It is important that your website can be viewed correctly from any device. People will not bother staying on a site that is badly configured.
- Link-building: The links that point to your website from other sites will ensure that you have greater web authority and, therefore, better organic positioning.
- Define your Long Tail Keywords: Their advantage over short-tail keywords is mainly that by having fewer searches, they are much less competitive, so they can help you generate more specific traffic.
- Optimize your website: This is key to achieving quality organic traffic. The measures you can carry out are varied: use Pillar Pages and Topic Clusters, add meta descriptions to each of your pages, include internal links to your other posts, and most importantly, have relevant, well-written, SEO-optimized content.
Don't forget that the most important part to generate organic traffic is to have a good content strategy.
2. Paid traffic
For this type of traffic, it's very important to take into account the structure of your campaigns. It is necessary to not only study keywords, but also to have a variety of targets (based on Buyer Personas) and use these segmentations to create different ads. We must convert as many keywords as possible into long tail in order to have differing ad campaigns for the various topics.
The amount of money to invest is usually one of the most sought after questions regarding paid traffic. There is no generic strategy, but there is the principle of "the more you spend on PPC, the more traffic you'll get." Despite this, you should keep in mind that positioning your ads not the only thing that matters; their relevance in search engines is also important. Google is based on the principle of giving its users quality searches, therefore, an algorithm will study the relevance of both your ad and your landing page and will rank them from 1 to 10. The higher this number is, the higher the chance of your ad being positioned better than your competitors.
3. Direct Traffic
The main problem with direct traffic is that it doesn't come from any search engine, so this is one of the most difficult areas to increase web visitors. However, direct traffic can be interesting to your business, because it reflects how and to what extent your brand is known to your audience.
Traditional Marketing campaigns and brand positioning will be decisive in the growth of this traffic. Other strategies to consider are:
- Link your ads to a landing page: If you are looking to promote a certain service, you can create a page that encourages visitors to sign up. To achieve this, you always have to offer something in exchange for completing the form, such as a discount, an ebook about the product or service, etc. The most important thing about this process is to get the email to be able to keep in touch with them.
- Create tracking URLs: With HubSpot, you can easily complete this step. It's important to know where your visitors are coming from and how they got there; this will inform you whether to continue with your campaign or discard based on the results.
And remember: you must send traffic to different parts of your website, not just to the home page.
4. Social Traffic
Social networks have evolved to unimaginable peaks in recent years, with average social media use per person of 1 hour 39 minutes per day according to a study by Hootsuite. Knowing this, you can carry out different strategies to ensure that visitors are reaching your website from your social media channels. Don't leave this up to chance!
The first thing you should do is put the URL of your website on all your social networks. Currently, social networks allow you to see the best times to publish your content and thus, reach your audience more efficiently. The tools that you can use to get this information are, for example, Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics for their respective platforms.
Once you share your content, it's time to start engaging the audience. Here are some strategies:
- Use hashtags: Like individual profiles, hashtags can be searched to learn more about a topic. You must use them correctly and make sure that they are really related to your content, otherwise you will lose credibility.
- Use images: Pere Solá, the Marketing Manager of Twitter, carried out a study that showed that Tweets with images generate 67% more interaction than normal ones.
- Adapt the message to your audience: You must know what channels your audience is on and adapt your content to those platforms. Do not simply post the same thing on every social network.
5. Referral traffic
With referral traffic, we get the public to reach our website through different links, partner websites, etc. This type of traffic is very important for your company website, but why?
The fact that your links are being used on other websites makes it clear that the content generated by your brand is relevant and high quality. In addition, this is going to improve your positioning and domain authority.
Actually getting this type of traffic is more difficult. The main advice we can give you is to generate extraordinary, shareable content in many different forms: ebooks, videos, memes, infographics, etc. Another option is to search out link-building and content-sharing partnerships with other businesses, blogs, and sites.
As you can see, there are numerous types of traffic you can achieve on your site. However, the main takeaway is to promote your website content on the appropriate channels for each of your Buyer Personas. Without doing this, you won't get the results you are looking for. At mbudo, we can help you improve not only your website, but also your overall Marketing Strategy, so don't hesitate to contact us.